Home Based Businesses
By definition, a business or commercial activity administered or conducted as an accessory use which is clearly secondary to the use as a residential dwelling and which involves no customer, client or patient traffic, whether vehicular or pedestrian, pickup, delivery or removal functions to or from the premises, in excess of those normally associated with residential use.
Home-Based Business Application
The business or commercial activity must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be compatible with the residential use of the property and surrounding residential uses.
- Employ no employees other than family members residing in the dwelling.
- No display or sale of retail goods and no stockpiling of inventory of a substantial nature.
- No outside appearance of a business use, including, but not limited to, parking, signs or lights.
- Business activity does not use any equipment or process which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors or electrical or electronic interference, including interference with radio or television reception, which is detectable in the neighborhood.
- Business activity does not generate any solid waste or sewage discharge, in volume or type, which is not normally associated with residential use in the neighborhood.
- Business is conducted only within the dwelling and cannot occupy more than 25% of the habitable floor area.
- The business may not involve any illegal activity.